Rebecca H. Cozart has been practicing law since 1997. She has been practicing in Florida since 2001 and Georgia since 2003. She is a multi-state admitted attorney licensed to practice in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
As a former state prosecutor she has extensive experience pursuing justice for the public and as a personal injury attorney she now pursues justice for injured individuals and their families, including veterans in pursuit of entitled benefits.
Rebecca graduated with a B.A. Magna Cum Laude from Campbell University and received her law degree from NCCU, School of Law in 1996 .
In addition to her Bar membership in four states Rebecca is also admitted in several federal courts including the Middle District of Florida, the Eastern District of North Carolina and the Western District of North Carolina, and Southern District of Georgia.
Rebecca is an active member of many legal associations including the Florida Bar Association, the Jacksonville Bar Association, St. Johns County Bar Association, Jacksonville Justice Association, and NOVA-National Organization of Veterans Advocates, Inc.
Rebecca and her family stay involved in several service projects in both their community and their church. Rebecca has a special interest in the Betty Griffin House of St. Johns County, K9s for Warriors, and Wounded Warrior Project.
U.S. District Court
- Florida, 2001
- Georgia, 2003
- North Carolina, 1997
- South Carolina, 1999
U.S. District Court
- Middle District-Florida
- Southern District-Georgia
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
- NCCU, School of Law, North Carolina-J.D.
- J.D. - 1996
- Campbell University
- B.A. magna cum laude
- Florida Bar Association, 2001-Present
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- Jacksonville Justice Association (formerly Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association) -2003-present;
- NOVA Member
- State Attorney with The Fourth Judicial Circuit State's Attorney Office, Former Assistant, 2000 - 2002
- Barnes & Cohen, P.A., Personal Injury Law Firm-2002-2017; Partner - 2005-2017